Monday, July 4, 2016

In which Tryph is a self proclaimed Cardio bunny

 So I started going to the gym again recently.  I try to go 3 times a week after work.  In addition to the gym, I go for a walk after dinner.

All of this is for two things.  One, I'm tired of being fat.  I honestly can't believe I let myself get fat again after I almost hit my goal weight a few years ago.  I don't even know what to blame, other than sheer laziness.

I mean, my body isn't wired to be skinny.  I essentially have to hack my body to make it do what I want... I need to watch what I put into my body, as well as what I do to burn off what I put into it.

Last time I did this, I kept myself to 1000 calories or less, exercised 3-5 times a week, and was so stressed out that I didn't sleep and threw up a lot.

It wasn't a good time.

Anyhow, this time I'm trying to be a bit more balanced.  I have to be because losing weight isn't my only goal, I'd like to get through FreshMeat at derby next time, so I can't lose the chub irresponsibly.  I need to be smart about it.

Now to the cardio bunny part.

So I go to the gym, but I really don't do anything more than use the cardio machines.  Not because I feel like this is the best move for me.  When I'm at home, I'm doing squats, sit ups and all kinds of body weight work outs... but at the gym?  The machines terrify me.  I have no idea what I'm doing or what I should be doing.

I would love to hire a personal trainer, but I'm poor, so that's not an option at this point.  And 90% of my friends are far less athletic than me, so I'm pretty much alone.

So I'm a cardio bunny... at least until I build my compy and I'm not so broke.

1 comment:

TheBitchRake said...

I AM SORRY I AM NOT ATHLETIC :( I get a scare when thinking about the machines, too, so I just avoid going. I'm just a scaredy cat.