Saturday, May 9, 2015

In Which Tryph Isn't A Writer

Once upon a time ago I was a writer.

I'm not saying I was any good, but it was something I was passionate about, something that drove me.
I'm not a writer anymore.

This isn't because I don't have ideas, or the capacity to write, the reason I'm not a writer anymore is far more simple.  I'm not a writer because I don't write.  Anything.

I've got stacks emails and messages I owe replies to.
I've got so many half started ideas.
So many half written blog posts.
I'm kind of useless at this.

Well, lately I am at least.

Today I decided to change that.

someone once told me that there's no way through writers block but through it.  That writing just needs to be a habit, something that you need to do every single day... kind of a use it or lose it thing.  And they were right.

I've let my writing slide, and always have.  I've taken it for granted that I could still call myself a writer even when I wasn't writing... but I'm realizing that I can't.  I'm not a writer, not anymore.  But it's something I can change.  It's something I will change.  I will reclaim something I always considered a birthright.

I will be a writer again.

It's just going to take some time and commitment.

Lets do this.

No comments: