Tuesday, March 17, 2015

In Which Tryph chases that high...

Today was the first run of what... my fourth season?  I'm not too sure to be honest, but today is where it started.

I didn't full on run today due to technology issues... turns out that my phone can't handle negative ANYTHING when it comes to temperatures.

Anyhow, someone made a comment that they thought I liked running.  Let me be frank (as I think I am every running season) I HATE running.  I hate it so much.  I joke and say that I'm running in preparation of the zombie apocalypse... or because a girl doesn't know when The Doctor is going to show up on her door step and say "Basically... RUN!!" but the long and the short of it is I don't like to run.

I'm used to having people interject at this point... they always say something like "but Shana... just wait until you experience a runners high!  You won't be able to get enough!" And while that may be true... I've yet to experience one.  I generally get home from a run, and then splat onto the couch or the bed for a good 5-10 minutes before I drag my sweaty ass into the shower.

So why do I run if I hate it so much?  This season I'm running because I put on 40 of the 60 lbs I lost so 75% of my closet is full of clothing that doesn't quite fit.  this season I'm running because last year I actually liked the way I looked in photos, and this year I'm dreading the aim of a lens.  This season I'm running because I know for a fact that I am 100% in control of my body, I just have to step up to the plate and take it.  I'm running because I can, and it makes me feel good about myself on an emotional and psychological level.

But don't get me wrong, I hate running and likely always will.  Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop though.

No comments: