Monday, October 27, 2014

In which Tryph looks at Mascara

So yeah, we've talked before about my love of makeup.  I have a fair bit, but no where near as much as some people... but more than the average bear I think.

Anyhow, I've been an ipsy subscriber  for a few months now, and for the most part have been quite impressed.  It's one of those monthly "box" subscriptions where you get makeup (either full size or sample size) every month.  I have gotten to try a lot of things I likely wouldn't have purchased on my own.

I figure since I've got all this new makeup that I've never tried, I'll try my hand at reviewing some of it.

Last month one of the items I got was Revlon Bold Lacquer Length & Volume mascara in Blackest Black.  I had to dig a bit to find the price, but it looks like it's approximately $9 at your local department store or chemist.

I was skeptical if I'm totally honest.  I've been using the likes of Urban Decay, Lancome, and Bombshell and have been very impressed (if a bit grossed out by the fact that I was spending close to $30 on a tube of mascara every few months) with them.  More often than not, you get what you pay for with most products.

My first impression was that this stuff is messy as all can be.  There were gobs of mascara all over the brush, and gooping out the top of the tube.  I'm always a bit concerned when I see this.  I don't have the steadiest of hands, so I'm apt to making a mess, and this looked like it was setting me up for trouble.

 But, I was determined to try it, so I soldiered on.
You should also know by now that I've got a flare for the dramatic, so I like my lashes to be big and bold.

I have to say I wasn't let down by this mascara.  It isn't quite as intense as I've gotten used to, but I think it makes for  great day wear.

Which is an area of makeup that I need to learn more about.

So anyhow, long story short, two coats of this stuff isn't bad at all.  let me know if you try it out and what you think.

2 comments:

John Smith said...

Amazing blog, happy to see you post.
Soap Packaging Boxes Wholesale

Jessica William said...

Makeup is not just limited to mascara, but there are several other areas that need perfection like eyes makeup and contouring. Putting mascara on the lashes is just a basic that anyone can apply. One of the biggest concern is how to remove the makeup from skin after its application. For this, we need high quality soap that could leave our skin fresh after makeup removal. To which quality and brand does the soap belongs to, can be determined by its custom soap packaging.