Monday, September 1, 2014

In which Tryph is something of a makeup junkie

Maybe I just need purpose in writing, maybe that'll help make things that much easier to get words on the screen.

Who knows.

Anyhow, I've become a bit of a makeup junkie, so I'd like to make Mondays a day where I review and talk about the different brands I've tried, my experiences and all that.

First up, DuWop - Eyecatchers.

I was so excited to try this one out.  I love eye pencils that can be both a shadow or a liner.  The double duty pencil is definitely something that gets a lot of use in my makeup drawer.  So about a year ago I stopped by the local drug store and picked it up.

I have been miserable with it since I got it.  I don't know if it was just a bad batch, or it is just the formula, but I really hated this stuff.

It was dry, didn't sharpen well and nothing I could do to it would make it go on my eyes evenly.  I tried heat (it just made it firmer, had the texture of a crayola crayon), and the tip kept snapping off every time I sharpened it.  The only thing that worked to get any kind of a line was running it under hot water for about 30 seconds.

Which would end up making the tip so soft that it'd snap off anyhow.

Overall, I don't know if I'd give DuWop another chance.

What makes me really sad is that this was the closest colour to Raven by MAC that I've been able to find.

Next week, mascara.

No comments: