Tuesday, December 24, 2013

In which Tryph has had a year to think

Some of you may recall that this time last year I was in the hospital.  My appendix had burst and it needed to be removed.

Anyhow, that's not the point of this post.

A  year ago today was actually the last time I saw my mother.  Well no, I've seen her once since then (I'll get to that in a moment) but it was the last time we spoke.

She is still alive and in the same town I moved back to last September... she has just chosen to remove herself from my life.  Not just mine either, my brothers and her parents (I think) too.

But a year ago... a year ago while I laid in a hospital bed in pain and on drugs my mother came to see me.  She lived down the street from the hospital I was in so it wasn't a long trip to see me.  She walked up the street on Christmas Eve and sat on my bedside and we talked and we cried and she told me she loved me.

She promised that things would change, that she'd be a part of my life and my world.  She promised that she'd come see me the next day, Christmas Day.  Christmas is supposed to be about family, right?

Christmas day came and went and I saw my exhusband, my son, and a friend of mine... they came to see me, knowing how miserable I was... but my mother was a no show.  She couldn't take the time to walk up the street to come see me.  My own fucking MOTHER couldn't make the time for me.

So flash forward to this year.  I've seen her all of once this last year, when she spotted me at the bank and fled like she was on fire... but we haven't spoken since Christmas Eve 2012.

Here we are, Christmas Eve 2013... I won't be getting to see my son, I have no mother, and no traditions at all left.

No comments: