Tuesday, November 12, 2013

In Which Tryph Doubts...

I feel like I should first state, for the record, that a lack of certainty isn't the same as doubt.

In my mind at least.

There are some things in my life that I don't know where they're going to go; where they'll end up.  I know how I want the chips to fall; I know that if the chips fall the way I want them to, I couldn't be happier... but I don't know that the chips will fall that way.

I think there's a good chance they will, but I'm not willing to bet the bank on it.

that makes sense, right?  It does to  me, and I suppose that's all that matters.  I don't doubt that things will go the way I want them to... I'm just not 100% certain they will.

I should say I didn't doubt.  I'm filled with the first doubts I've had in the last 5+ months.  True, full on doubt.

I don't like it.

I don't know how to fix it.

It's like I've opened my eyes and what I thought was the beginning of a foundation... is just a house of cards, ready to blow over.

Doubt is nasty.  Anyone know how to banish it?

No comments: