Thursday, August 8, 2013

In which Tryph sometimes hates other parents

So, I'm a mom, and you all know that.  But I'm a person too.  I have an entire life that, while it relates to being a mom,  is not always about being a mom. 

Don't get me wrong, more often than not I'm at home with my boy child, hanging out with him or doing homework etc, but there are still plenty of times that I go out, get drunk and dance until 3.

I hang out with friends and act stupid. 
I have entire nights that are full of selfishness and dedicated to straight up me time. 

And honestly, it's healthy, both for me and my kid.  He knows his mom is a person, and not just a parent.  He knows I live my own life and I'd like to think that he'll respect that.   I know that it doesn't diminish how much I love him, and it definitely doesn't make him feel unappreciated or unloved.

Honestly, I think the kinds of parents who think that after bearing children that all life is just Disney movies and cuddles... You're missing out dude.  Get life, your kid will thank you for it.

No comments: