Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In which Tryph perceives the world differently than you

Honestly, we all look at things differently.  Our world view is skewed by our own experiences, hurts, loves, dreams, promises etc.

And then there is the whole thing involving how we look at ourselves, rather than looking at others.

I have tend to have a detrimental way of looking at myself.  Most days I hate my face, my nose, my cheeks etc.  I hate my waistline, and thunder thighs.  I cannot stand my stretch marks and cellulite.  And yes, I abhor how fat I am.

Now I know I'm not morbidly obese, or even obese (by a BMI standard) but I am overweight, and I see this as being fat.  And in me, I don't like it.  I feel that it's a detriment to my looks, and it bothers me a lot of have all this extra flesh/fat jiggling/hanging around.

Get this though.  When I look at women who are the same size, and bigger than me, I see someone beautiful.  I see their entire package.  I see their inside and out.  I see past all the flaws.  I don't see fat, I just see the person.

So that's number one.  I really really hate it when people get pissed and take it personally when I say something about how fat I am.  My perception of my body, and dislike for my very real extra weight has NOTHING to do with you.  Please, stop trying to make me feel worse about myself because I'm not allowed to have my own issues because they might hurt your delicate sensibilities.  When I call MYSELF fat as a negative, I'm not at all saying I think there's anything wrong with anyone else.

And this is where I get told I have "body dysmorphic" problems.  And you know what, I do sometimes.  and it's something I deal with.  I don't blame other people who have their own views for my own problems.

Can we all just agree to stop taking things so personally?

Nope, didn't think so.

:(

No comments: