Friday, April 1, 2011

In which Tryph talks to people about clothes

So, I told you about the identity crisis I encountered last week... But what I didn't tell you about is what happened.

I ended up putting on this terrible outfit.

See, at work I have a manager who always compliments my style. Until that day. Now, I was wearing some crazy purple tights, a black lace skirt and a blue shirt. I think I had a jacket of some sort on too.

Either way, it was awful... and she came up to me, took in my attire and I commented "Yeah, I know, it's terrible".

Later I told her about the identity crisis and she made me think about it a little differently.

She told me to consider the fact that I am one of the few people she knows that can pull off a straight up 'office' type look one day, and the next wear a party dress with a blazer and make it all look good.

She told me that part of why she loves my style is that she never knows what I'm going to wear, or what look I'm going to rock out next. She told me that the next time I'm feeling an identity crisis coming on, I should talk to her because she'll make me feel better about it all.

She also told me that I need to go out clubbing and 'pick up'.

I think I love the people I work with, they're pretty awesome most of the time.

No comments: