Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In which Tryph writes

I am in the process of literally writing the book on being a rockstar.

I really don't think I'm qualified to honestly write this, and honestly these days I feel like a giant hypocrite, but I'm going to write the book. I'm writing it because I think it will help me, and Í think it might help others too.

You've all heard the basic premise of my rockstar philosophy... in short "if you don't feel like a rockstar, you're doing it wrong"

Now I've had people argue with me that I should set my standard higher and change the word "rockstar" with the word "god/goddess" which while I fully admit will work for some people, just doesn't fit into my personal world view. Don't get me wrong, I know that some people will identify better with 'god/goddess' than with 'rockstar', but honestly, I have a very tenuous grasp with what god/goddess really MEANS so I'm not sure I could even begin to imagine what it would be to be one.

Rockstars though, I know, I can imagine.

Anyhow... a friend (TBD to be fair) suggested that I write the book almost on a whim and I grabbed hold of the idea.

I've had more than one person tell me over the last year that I've inspired them to be more like themselves than they either ever have been, or have been in a while. The way I see it, if I can write this book and help even a few people... Well then I've done what I'm beginning to think I need to.

So yeah, I'm writing the book on being a rockstar.

No comments: