Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In which Tryph writes a letter


Dear City of Helland and various assholes who don't shovel their sidewalk,

I know it's winter time in this city, and that walking through snow is sometimes par for the course, but I need to tell you that yesterday was just insane.

It has been a week since the last major snow fall. A WEEK. And yet, the sidewalks are still a giant mess. It took me an extra 10 minutes to get to my bus stop yesterday, and even with my reduced pace of walking I still twisted my ankles several times.

People, I know that most of this world is drivers and that generally the people who walk these side walks are children (who are likely going to walk where the snow is the heaviest and deepest anyhow simply because they're kids) but the sidewalks ARE still in need of shoveling.

Seriously people, it takes an extra 5 maybe 10 minutes in most cases, but it makes a world of difference to the people who have to walk it.

sincerely,
Tryph

No comments: