Thursday, November 4, 2010

In which Tryph tweets to her 16 year old self

I am not immune to internet memes. And a lot of the twitter ones I embrace, because they're short sweet and to the point. I mean how off topic can you get in 140 characters or less?

Anyhow, the meme of the day is #tweetyour16yearoldself and I of course took part. My tweet was one I put very little thought into... but damn was it on target.


There are a lot of things I could have said. About my mom, about school, about the manthing, about the boy I loved. So many things... but the thing I wish more than anything that someone had said to me when I was 16 is that.

Because I never felt excellent. I had very little self worth, for a lot of reasons. I grew up doubting who I was and what I wanted simply because I figured I had it all wrong. That I was wrong.

It wasn't all bad though. At the end of the day someone did finally say this to me, and I finally saw the light. So I say this to all of you now. Never compromise yourself or what you want for anyone or anything. You, faithful readers, are excellent.

And thank you Matthew Mojo... for finally showing me the light. I still love you.

1 comment:

Bogdan Burca said...

Hello, My name is Bogdan from Romania!
My blog address is: http://bogdanstelistul.blogspot.com/
Can we be friends??
Thank you!!
For those who do not understand use Google Translate (top right) and select your language!!!