Monday, November 29, 2010

In which Tryph goes local

Sorry for the hiatus... things at work are changing... good changes, but changes all the same. New schedule is going to take some getting used to...

Anyhow...

I'm going to share with you a few of the local bands that I've come to love.

The first... a singer that I kind of adore, even if he is a bit of a twat. What a person is like in their personal life has little bearing on their art...

City and Colour - Save your Scissors (for note I love watching this video... it makes me giggle to know where all the places he goes are...)


Next up, another band that's closely related to this one...

Alexis on Fire - This could be anywhere in the world (Now alexis took me a bit to finally get behind. I kind of hated them at first, but I finally came to love them)

And this bad is from the town I currently reside in...

Attack in Black - Young Leaves (I'm not sure I agree with wikipedia when they call this post hardcore...)





This one isn't terribly local, but I feel compelled to include a few bands that come from a ways up the road from me... they're still Southern Ontario people, but just not on my door step.

first up...

Magneta lane - Wild Gardens (this song has been running through my head all day and is the reason I'm doing a post about local musics)





Then there's a guy who disappoints me. This song is SO good... but his other stuff kind of falls flat...

Ko - Capable



and I'll close on a band I know I've included before... but this song is so very special right now that it has to be included when I'm talking about songs from local-ish artists...


No comments: