Monday, October 18, 2010

Just another musical monday

So, back on format, today is a Music day.

Since I'm not quite where I once was in preparation for these things, you get a 'Tryph puts Cherry on random' post. I haven't spent a lot of time loading her, it's mostly just a few albums from Zennie....

but here goes....

Song 1 - Gwen Stefani - U Started it

Aww holy hell... did the stupid thing REALLY have to give up one of my dirty little secrets STRAIGHT AWAY? So there you have it, I have a particular affection for shitty pop music. And trust me, whenever I listen to Gwen Stefani I feel dirty all over. But I like it.




Song 2 - The Shins - A comet Appears

Ok, that's a little bit better. I LOVE THE SHINS. They're mellow, and quirky and wonderful. They're basically like me, only in music form. That's right, I said it. I just compared the shins to me. Go watch Garden State. You'll see me in real life. Portrayed by Natalie Portman AND Zack Braff.


Song 3 - Nine Inch Nails - Down in it

It's no secret that I'm a NIN fan. There isn't much more I can say on that subject.




Song 4 - Smashing Pumpkins - Pug

Now, again I'm a Pumpkins fan. That's clearly noted everywhere. I also think they're a little overrated, but that doesn't mean I can't like them. Adore is probably my least favorite album, though a friend and I once did try staging a movement peace based on a few of the songs from this album.




Song 5 - Morcheeba - Coming Down Gently

Morcheeba. This band makes me a little sad. Not because of their music or anything, simply because of how I discovered it. I found Morcheeba, and a few other bands via Pandora Radio. I LOVE Pandora Radio. There was a brief time that I could get pandora radio up here in the frozen north, but sadly that time has past. I miss it. Sometimes I'm tempted to move to the states just so I can get it again. But that would be weird.




Song 6 - Little Boots - Hearts Collide

I have to thank the Lovely Lady V for this one. She recommended Little Boots to me a few months back and it was an immediate love affair. LOVE little boots. The lyrics are perhaps a little cutting at times, but hey, I can handle it, now more than ever :)



Song 7 - Silversun Pickups - Rusted wheel.

I'm not even sure how long I've been listening to Silversun Pickups, but it was love at first note. I freaking ADORE this band.


No comments: