Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In which Tryph has a stupid argument

Faithful readers, you know that I am VERY lacking in self confidence.

Honestly, even those who aren't faithful readers know this. Pick any random entry, and you'll find some form of self hate, or self bashing, and that's me in a nutshell.

Faithful readers will know that this last year have been HUGE growth years for me.

I still don't have the confidence or the self worth I should have, but I'm learning to accept and love who I am.

I am a delicate, beautiful and unique flower. I'm not one in a million. I'm one of a kind. And, sometimes, I even think I'm awesome.

So here's the argument I had yesterday morning.

I'm not sure HOW we got onto the subject, but I said the above and instead of being greeted with a 'hey, that's awesome! I'm so glad that you're finally not hating you' the reaction I got was 'Wow, modest too' with a look of scorn.

I got a little bit upset, because I was simply trying to demonstrate that I've come a long way over the last few months. That I'm learning to like, to love myself. That I'm growing, healing and becoming the woman I was meant to be. And all this person could do was cut me down.

I wound up responding by saying "and you wonder why I prefer the company of other people"

I am awesome, and I am one of a kind. And most of the time I don't believe this, but sometimes I do. It's growth people, and it should be applauded in any of it's forms.

No comments: