Monday, October 25, 2010

In which Tryph has a dirty little secret...

Several actually.

But today I'm just going to tell you about the music ones.

I got into a conversation at work the other day with a chap I call NerdBoy.

It all started when I confessed that I was singing a song to myself by a band that I consider one of my dirty little secrets. Something Corporate.




The song I WAS listening to is Konstantine. I opted to not embed it because it's hella long, but it's my FAV song by them EVER.

NerdBoy commented this his girlfriend LOVES the band and I laughed and said it was clear she had no taste. I mean really, that band is AWFUL. Their lyrics are pretty terrible, the music is contrived and the singing.... don't get me STARTED on how ALL terrible little emo bands sing through their noses. It's PAINFUL to listen to.

And yet, I keep listening. Thus, Something Corporate is a dirty little secret.

Next up is Lady Gaga.

I can't help this one. I think even a pretty cut and dried rock/metal girl has to have a bit of bubblegum flavor from time to time, don't you?

When I'm feeling down, depressed, or just generally doing chores, I crank the gaga and dance like an idiot. No really, try it sometime. I know that by the end of a fit of Gaga I'm feeling light and happy.



I love that song, mainly for the lyric 'Watch your heart when we're together, boys like you love me forever'. There's a story to that lyric. I'll tell you another time.

Next up, and quite possibly last because time is running out for me, is Gwen Stefani.

Now I'm NOT talking No Doubt here. I'm talking about her solo stuff that is really really quite awful, from the music, to the lyrics. And yet, the bubble gum seeped into my skin and wouldn't go away.

A friend once had a personalized ring tone for me. Every time I called it'd sing out "this shit is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S"



And there you have a few of my musical secrets.

For note, when NerdBoy confessed his dirty little secrets, he was again trying to impress me I think. He first said "punk rock" to which I said wasn't dirty or a secret (unless it's BAD punk rock) and then followed it up with Mozart. Who says that listening to Mozart is a dirty little secret?

No comments: