Wednesday, October 27, 2010

in which tryph drinks the koolaid

I'm not anti Apple products.

But, they've never suited my lifestyle. I mean, I'm a gamer, and Mac's are shit for gaming.
And for music, I always preferred Miss Zennie to take care of my music needs.

I had entertained the idea of getting an Air at one point, but that was quickly kiboshed, by the pricetag.

I mean really, the way I see it, sure a Mac is far more stable... but is it really worth paying twice as much as the hardware is worth? Not in my opinion, unless you have a REASON to get one.

Anyhow... the debate waged about the phone I was going to get for myself. Realistically, I had wanted to get the Droid2, which had everything on my wishlist of phone features (touch screen, full keyboard, and a high(ish) resolution camera with a flash)

Now this phone is not yet available in Canada, but I was prepared to patiently wait until December to get myself a new phone. As much as I loved Frankie, he was a dinosaur, and needed to be replaced.

then something happened that ALWAYS happens.

the manthing washed his phone, and it died a miserable death. Granted it WAS my old phone before Frankie. I got frankie because he washed the phone before that... see the trend?

Anyhow, he washed the phone and I had to move my timeline up... So... I got the iPhone 4. It had 2 out of 3 of the things I wanted... and the camera on the phone can't be beat. My favorite photographer even does workshops on shooting with the iphone...

*sigh*

So I drank the apple koolaid, and I've got an iPhone4. My first ever apple product.

3 comments:

eva said...

Haha at the manthing for washing his phone.. TWICE! My younger brother just washed his.. and another boy I know managed to drop his brand new phone in the toilet. Bahaha. Anyway, I'm envious of your new gadget! Hey, I know you play a lot of games, and are into game culture - do you think the concept art drawing I posted on my blog looks like concept art??? Can you see it as a game character?

Tryphyna said...

Oh he's washed 4 phones in the last 18 months. Not to mention the ones before that. They've met lakes, the ground, and various other deaths. It's quite sad really!

As for the character... I totally can! And I'm not sure how I missed it, but I didn't actually check my blogreader last night... I love your art so much!!

eva said...

Thanks for taking a look, I consider you a gaming pro, so I wanted your opinion;) I think she's a bit plain though, should probably do more elaborate stuff.
Jeez- are you sure your man isn't damaging his phones on purpose?? Even *I* don't have that bad a history with my gadgets.. maybe I'm better at looking after my stuff than I thought!