Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In Which Tryph gets a kiss

Day 16 – Your first kiss

My first kiss wasn't much to speak of to be honest.

Actually, almost all of the kisses I had after that were pretty insignificant to be honest. So instead of telling you a story of a pretty meaningless kiss that I hardly remember, I'll tell you about the first kiss I got that really MEANT something.

Because, that's just how I roll.

So, it was a night late spring, early summer around here and the boy and I had gone for a moonlight walk along a river. It was one of those perfect kind of nights. Not too hot, not too cold, just perfect.

And like I said, we'd been walking and chatting about life, the universe and everything.

Eventually, we walked back the way we came, and instead of heading back to the car we opted to sit on picnic table overlooking the river. I can still remember the exact place we sat, the break in the trees that let us see the water, and the lights across the way... the fireflies...

Anyhow, I put my head on his shoulder. It was the first time we had any kind of 'intimate' contact. It was just so relaxed and felt so right for the first time ever.

So, I pull my head from his shoulder and someone said something. It was probably him making a bad joke... I tipped my face towards his and he looked down at me... time stood still just for a second and... then we kissed.

It was soft, and sweet and something just went *CLICK* inside of me.

Later we argued about who kissed who (he said I kissed him, and I said the opposite) but I think it was just one of those things that happened. The time was right, and it just happened.

So yeah, that's the first kiss that counted for anything.

No comments: