Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In which Tryph defines the undefinable

Day 05 – Your definition of love

Ahh, love. This is... this is going to be a very complicated post for me.

Love and I have had a bit of a falling out these last few years, so for a while my faith in love was extremely shaken.

You see, I'm a hopeless romantic, and in my mind all love had to have that romantic aspect to it.

Clearly, faithful readers, I was wrong.

Gosh this is still all complicated and mixed up for me. but there are a lot of different types of love, and instead of waxing too poetic about friends, and lovers and families... I'll just tell you what I think TRUE LOVE really is.

It's the love for yourself.

Yup, that's what I said. The love for ones self is true love. It's the root, the basis, the foundation of every single relationship you will ever have in life. How can you expect anyone to love you if you don't love you?

And the word EXPECT is pretty key there, expectations always lead to disappointment, but THAT, my faithful readers, is not what I'm here to talk about.

so yeah... love, real love, is loving yourself.



No comments: