Thursday, August 19, 2010

In Which Shana is googled

By her mother.

For real. My mother googles me.

We were talking the other day, and I commented that I found another person on Failbook that has the exact same name as me. She said "I know". When she was greeted with confusion, she confessed to googling me... and that she hadn't found this blog.

I laughed and told her that my twitter, and my blog are in no way connected to my FB account, and that I intended to keep it that way.

She asked if it was because I say mean things about people that I don't want them to know.

The answer is, I don't write anything here that I would not say anything here that I would not say to her. But, in my opinion, just because I COULD say it, doesn't mean I SHOULD.

I mean, when it comes to my mother, she did a lot of really shitty things to me, and around me. and these things really kind of messed with my head a lot. And while I probably SHOULD tel her these things... I don't really see the point.

And perhaps that means I shouldn't bother writing it down... but it helps me to find peace of mind, and I suppose that's all that matters.

Sometimes though, I think she was lying when she said she hadn't found me through google. It wouldn't be the first time, and I doubt it'd be the last.

Either way, Hi Mom... Happy googling!


No comments: