Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In which You can't read my blog!

Well, perhaps YOU can, but should you?

I'm an open book, on most things. Current events and things that could negatively impact other people I'm generally a little more quiet about, but for the most part, I'm an open book.

And I try to live my life according to this same standard as well. I am as open as is possible, not just as open as I need to be. I have a fairly good idea regarding WHO reads my blog, and I make no attempt to hide it.

Why would I?

Anyhow, I lamented earlier this week that I was WAY behind on my blog. You see, I try to make sure I have a few days lead time so I don't have to panic, and can take the time to do each entry correctly. It's just how I roll.

So I fell behind on the blogging for reasons that don't matter, and I whined about it to a friend. They gave me a few ideas and a bit of inspiration to work with.

And then said something to the point of 'I don't know what your writing is like. I haven't read your blog... yet'.

let me tell you this. I wasn't sure how to take that.

I know MAP sometimes reads this, and I'm good with that. I know that LLV drops in from time to time, and I welcome that. There are other real life, and web based friends who come and read about the dramatic life of Shana Marie, and all in all I've always been happy.

But in this instance... I almost got a little worried at the idea. And I don't know why.

This person has been the subject of at least one entry (I will not state if it it is or is not more than that). And it's not like anything I may or may not have blogged hasn't been SAID to this person. That's kind of my code. Don't blog it if you won't say it.

So why would I be nervous if they read it?

Maybe it's just the person in question... or maybe I'm still afraid that the subject matter will come back to bite me later.

Perhaps I'm less honest about what I blog and what I say than I think I am...

No comments: