Friday, July 16, 2010

In which Shana loves her geek bling

there had been talk of this entry being related to eye patches being rather passe, but all things considered, it wasn't a post I was prepared to undertake.

I'm a ninja, and while I agree that pirates have better clothes (I think, considering that you don't see the ninja so how would you know how they're dressed) I just don't think I can speak on pirate vs. ninja fashion.

Moving on...

A few weeks ago (the day I was hiding in plain sight) I was given a gift, something I'd wanted for some time now. I was given a little cage designed to hold a crystal. Clearly, I didn't use it for that.


Inside that cage is my LUCKY d20 (20 sided die). It is the second d20 I ever got, and it's the best I've ever used. I have had many sets of dice since buying this one off die (and by many I mean 3 personal sets and various borrowed) and if I added up all the natural 20's rolled on ALL of those dice, it still wouldn't add up to the number I've rolled with this one.

So while this ISN'T my ideal idea of a D20 necklace (and I fully intend to buy one from my dearest friend when she gets them made {after her wedding of course}) I think it works just fine. The cage allows me to pull it out and use it should I need that extra hit of luck, but also lets me wear it without fear of losing it.

Also, I wanted to share that this photo of the necklace is probably one of my fav. photos that I've taken in some time now. It's not perfect by any stretch, but it's quite lovely and the best 'object' photo I've ever taken.

I gots skillz and intend to use 'em!

As for next week... if things go the way I hope they do, you may be in for a surprise. But I won't tell you what it is just yet :)

1 comment:

Business said...

I've visited your blog I liked a lot and I wish you success and become friends
my blog is : zidan business
URL : http://zidanbusiness.blogspot.com/