Friday, July 30, 2010

In which Shana is bored

So I'm currently sitting in my mothers back patio as the children enjoy the swing I was so hoping to nap on. I suppose it's just as well. Napping now would mean less sleep later, right?

Anyhow...

I started a new job, which I already told you about, but I'm running into a bit of a problem.

My clothes are boring the ever loving hell out of me.

There was a time when I was the 'Corporate QA Bunny' and had a pretty epic closet full of work wear. Sure a lot of it was fairly boring, and mundane, but it was still pretty rocking.

And now, I find myself in the pseudo corporate world again.. and my wardrobe just isn't what it once was.

You see this place considers themselves to be fairly casual. In the office there are 4 of us (myself included) and the boys tend to wear shorts and tshirts and the other female dresses fairly corporate casual, although she's been known to wear flipflops on occasion.

So I'm left wondering... just WHAT is appropriate for me to wear? I mean, I could wear my standard uniform of geeky shirts and skirts and that would SEEM to be appropriate, but on the flipside of that, the plan is to have me become a TL/Manager type in the next few months, in addition to the hiring of another 19 people to work in the office with us.

So my internal debate is this... do I dress comfortably in my standard uniform, or do I dress fairly corporate causal?

The way I've decided to play it is to dress 'nicely' Monday - Thursday and any Friday and Saturday shifts I'll cut a little bit lose and break out some of the geek gear. I figure that's the best compromise I can come up with.

What do you think faithful readers?

No comments: