Monday, July 5, 2010

in which it's another twisted music Monday

Sorry about last week and the total flaking out.

This week I'm kind of flaky again.

So 'the band' has requested band photos. Don't ask why, there has been so much drama over this stuff lately that I don't even...

Anyhow, they've got a rocky, popy, electronicy flavor and I've been trying to figure out a way to photograph them that seems to fit their sound/style.

And so far, every, single, idea, has been faced with 'oh, that a*could* be interesting, but I don't think so'

My only caveats for this band are simple. I will not do traintracks, and I will not do factory stuff. I feel that those have been done to death and if they want to be set apart from the crowd, we can't do the same old stuff.

Things I have suggested so far....

Playground equipment
Abandoned Water Park this location was a bust
Burned out hull of a tall ship (1/2 replica of the bounty) won't work because it's too far into the water
while having a water gun fight (yea that was kind of silly...)
At a wrecking yard, twisted metal is fun

Things they've suggested so far...?

An abandoned factory (????)
and an abandoned school Which is next to impossible to get into without getting caught

So, I'm frustrated, at my wits end really. I've requested that they each come up with 3 band photos that they like, and I'll see what I can come up with based on what they've given me. And this is where I turn to you, faithful readers. I'd like the extra input from ya'll regarding band photos, or photos in general involving 1-3 people.

If we (the 'band' and I) cannot come to an agreement, I've stated for the record that I will rent a giant fan, and buy a few cans of paint....

4 comments:

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine to,and be a follower..thanks and God bless..http://forlots.blogspot.com/

eva said...

Hahaha, god, you're so right, it's ALWAYS the fucking train tracks and abandoned factories! Although I guess it's a cliché for a reason (it probably works).. but...
More ideas:
- band in tutus
- band in tutus, chests bare, standing in water, the band all oiled up to a nice shine
- all of the above, but with glitter coated nipples

sorry, hm, trying to be serious now... :
- the paint idea is good!
- sorry, can't be serious right now, I'm still imagining the band oiled up, wearing tutus and with glittery nipples :s I'll let you know if I can think of anything better!

Shana-Marie said...

Buwhahahaha! I love you Eva! I'm pretty sure the boys would fire me on the spot if I offered to make them glittery, hehehe!

Though I could totally work with a genderbending photoshoot with them... it'd be so much fun!

Vicky M said...

OMG - I got this idea today while I was out. What about a fancy dinner party? They can all sit at a nice long dining room table with tall candles and lots of food. Mixed in with the food can be some of the instruments they use - and they could be scooping their food onto records instead of plates? They should add as much detail to their wardrobe & the dinner setting as possible - that way it will really emphasize their uniqueness.

Ignore if it's too dumb >.<