Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In which Shana considers hiding in plain sight

I've debated a few things of late, one of which is how to handle a specific day.

Now this day once held great significance, but now doesn't hold quite the same significance it once did, if you understand what I'm saying.

If I'm entirely honest with you, faithful readers (and myself) it actually holds a lot of negative feelings and ideas.

I'll spare you the deets, but yadda yadda yadda, I want to hide come this day.

And I honestly considered that as an option, I still do to be honest. It's not going to be an easy day to take, and it'll be easier still to find myself at the bottom of a bottle of wine (which I likely will not do, considering my still unemployed nature (until the 19th at least))

I've had enough negativity for the last while. I'm still trying to cope with the fallout of actually SAYING what needed to be said, and standing by it this last (indeterminate) period of time. I fear that this day may bring to the surface a lot of the hurt and negativity, so I'm trying to find a way to not focus on it.

I can't hide. Hiding won't help. So I'm not hiding. Here I am.

In plain sight.

1 comment:

eva said...

Oh you got me all confused, I wonder what this special day is.