Wednesday, May 5, 2010

In Which Shana gets cozy with silence

There are many, many different types of silence.

Comfortable silence
Angry silence
Awkward silence
Strained silence

I tend to think that most silences are awkward.

You see, I'm always listening, and I'm always thinking. I'm always wondering if I did something wrong that caused the silence.

It stems from the fact that, in general, I think I'm something of a fuckup.

Anyhow...

Lately, while talking to a few people in specific, I've been the silent one.

And it's been very awkward.

I just don't feel like I have much to say these days. Like all the words I could say have already been said. Like there isn't much of a point to keep talking when the audience is clearly anything but captivated.

Ugh... I'm just having one of those days... the kind of day where nothing seems to make sense. And as such, this post isn't making much sense. Perhaps I'll revisit it later.

1 comment:

el Biondo said...

"I just don't feel like I have much to say these days"

I think it's better to be silent instead of saying stupid thing...
Enjoy the silence!!

http://mybullshitcorner.blogspot.com/