Friday, April 16, 2010

In which Shana Loves twitter

This is going up later than planned because the post I had been writing to go up today didn't get finished, simply because I didn't take the picture I had planned to.

anyhow, I've gone on at length about my love for twitter. I think it's a great social media outlet that brings people together. Honestly I've made a lot of new friends and reconnected with old friends because of twitter. I wouldn't give it up for the world.

And twitter has this wonderful feature where if you add a # to a word/phrase/acronym it creates a link and you can see what other people are saying with the same hashtag.

Examples are like on Friday, people do #FF or #FollowFriday, or #LOFNOTC. there are many other examples, but I'm lazy and don't want to get into them. Tags like these, I love. The acronym one stands for Losers of Friday Night On Their Computers. You click the link and see who else is a loser and at home on a Friday night.

But there are some tags that I just think are kind of silly. Like when people start tagging their lives. Basically creating hashtags that won't apply to pretty much ANYONE else. I'd link examples of them, but to be honest they don't come up too often, and I don't care enough about them to really care. I'm just kind of stuck for an entry 4 hours after I normally have one up.

Before I go though, I'll tell you about my moms neighbors. they live in this tiny little house that has 2 bedrooms, and an unfinished basement. Currently there is a couple, and another 3 men living there. They're all older, and they all like to drink, a lot.

Today while my child skips school with his long time girlfriend (not really his girlfriend) I brought them out some lunch to eat at the picnic table. Grilled cheese, apple juice, and chocolate.
Being me, I ate some of their chocolate. The neighbor men were outside, and started asking for chocolate... and then said that they'd have to kiss me to get at it, because I should share. I laughed, and found an opportunity to run inside, and haven't gone out yet.

I prolly should, make sure that the chillens aren't getting too cozy (though they were laying on the swing with their heads together. Young love is wonderful, isn't it?

And with that, I hope you don't feel cheated by this awful post that I wrote in a very short period of time to make up for not finishing another post I started writing 5 months ago

6 comments:

Chris Hussey said...

Wow, creepy guys eh? Good post.

Shana-Marie said...

VERY creepy! I hope my mother moves soon!
And thanks! :)

Chris Hussey said...

No problem. How long have you had this blog up?

Shana-Marie said...

I've been active with it for about 2 and a half years or so, give or take. I've been making and abandoning blogs since 2001 though :)

How about you? I haven't really had much of a chance to check out your blog yet, but I plan to

Nail Polish said...

I have been active with it for about 2 and a half years or so give or take. I have been making and abandoning blogs since 2001 though. Thanks for the to join here and meet with me.

Chris Hussey said...

Oh well I've hardly been blogging for anytime at all, started my blog up about two weeks ago or so. I started my first on wordpress, but I found blogger and preferred it a bit more.

That's some awesome dedication though. 2 and a half years.