Friday, April 2, 2010

In Which Shana has a strange relationship

With a number.

Which makes it even stranger.

You know how when you buy frozen packaged meats the the grocery store, it's all $X/lb, so all the packages are pretty random in their weight, and thus their price. If I'm getting multiple packages, I'm the kind of person who will DIG through the pile to get at the packages that are priced the same or as close to it as possible.

As I'm sure you can imagine, this has caused much strife and embarrassment for those around me when we shop, but I just can't bring myself to STOP doing it.

Another oddity in my relationship with numbers is the number FIVE.

Both components of my first name (or my first and middle name if you prefer) are 5 characters long.
My maiden last name was 5 letters long.
My birthday is 5/25.
In my family, there were 5 people ( mother, step-father, 2 older brothers and myself) making me the 5th member of the family.

I've always partially regretted changing my last name when I got married. For those who don't know what my last name is, I'll tell you that it has 6 characters, and just never felt right. Why did I change it you might ask. Well the short answer is I wanted NOTHING to do with that name. Between my drunken/drug addicted/wife beating father, and my child molesting uncle I just wanted to cut my losses and move on.

I always thought the name thing was solely based on it not having 5 letters. Until the other day when I started thinking about it.

You see, when I finally get around to writing and publishing, I'll be using something of a pseudonym. I'll be using Marie, and my mothers birth (not adopted) familys name. So Marie *******.

7 characters.

And I'm not only OK with it, but I really like it.

I suppose it's a prime number thing.

(oh and for note, I'm actually considering changing my name to drop the whole last name thing altogether. Though the idea of someone calling me Ms. Marie kind of weirds me out. I dunno, its a moot point for the time being.)

1 comment:

cheap cosmetics said...

Oh Yes..
It's really a excellent presentation.I am very much impressed on you.carry on.I wait for your feed back.