Saturday, April 10, 2010

In Which Shana has a Furry stalker

First and foremost, happy caturday!

Currently I have 12 cats/kittens in my house.

Thankfully, I am confident that i will be able to get rid of 8 of them in the next couple of weeks.

Of the four that remain, one has declared the hubs has her person. One doesn't have a person, because she's so fickle that if you touch her, you're her person for that moment. And two have declared me theirs.

The one cat is angry cat, or mom cat, who gave birth to her first litter of kittens ON me.

the other, is one of the boy kittens from that litter.

And he stalks me.


There is he, my little prince Thrakhath (who by the way is the biggest cat we have, and is anything but little) who has not only declared me his person, but also follows me around the house.

More often than not, I leave the netbook on my table by the couch, so when I wake up, I tend to sit down on the couch to open my email. And Thraky descends upon me, purring and laying on my arms so I can't type.

Eventually, he moves off to the side, but always makes sure he's touching me.

It's kind of cute.

But he FOLLOWS me, EVERYWHERE.

I have to go to the bathroom, he comes in with me. He'll sit on the counter beside me and cry until I pet him.

I shower, he comes with me. Normally he just sits on the side of the tub, but sometimes he's come INTO the SHOWER with me.

When I do laundry, he'll follow me up and down the stairs with the baskets. And lay in front of the washing machine attacking my feet each time I come close to him. When I clean up the kitchen, he does the same.

Unless, of course, the boys are home. When the boys are home, he just kind of sits at the fringes of my vision and glares at me. I am pretty sure I have a furry stalker. but I don't mind, he's pretty cute and doesn't do anything too creepy.

Oh and this pic because it would embarrass the boy and the cat. Take note of the childs handwarmers. He made them out of socks that I declared were too holy to wear. He hasn't taken them off at all in the last 24 hours. Not even to sleep.



8 comments:

Melina and Denise said...

You are killing me with the adorable cuteness! Crack, I tell you, CRACK!

Maddie said...

kyaaaaaaaaa soooooo cute!! ur stalker looks like my big boy only he has grey hair as opposed to brown and is eight kilos of burning love. he currently took over my desk chair and i am left sitting on the bed...cats r just toooo cute

Lino Kumiko said...

12 cats!? OMG!
:) haha

http://linokumiko.blogspot.com

eva said...

I love cat stalkers!! And I also love your son's hand warmers, and especially that he made them himself.

Shana-Marie said...

@M and D... they are totally crack! Just wait until my #HIGHFIVEFRIDAY picture this week, muwahahaha!

@Maddie - I love big fluffy kittehs that love to share love :) You should post a picture of your boy!

@Lino - Yup! 12, but 8 will be gone in the next couple of weeks. Already found a home for 1 of them!

@Eva - I love that he's into recycling and crafting his own things. I'm telling you, that boy is going to have so much STYLE by the time highschool hits, the girls aren't going to know WHAT to think!

Jacob Van De Graaff said...

Furry stalker? You called?

Seriously, though, I'm actually pretty glad that I'm not the only one to have noticed the tendency for feral cats to just kind of always be *around,* skulking about in the background at awkward moments, or even going so far as to interrupt conversations by getting into staring matches with the involved parties.

...And yes, I have had this happen multiple times before. >_< Oh well, I still have a major soft spot for the little puffballs.

Shana-Marie said...

@Jacob - You sir, made me giggle just there! You are entirely made of WIN! <3

blog for steveLi said...

good cat!lal!so beautiful!!
china cell phone accessories