Thursday, April 1, 2010

In which Shana HAS all the words

I realize that for todays post I could do some kind of 'april fools' trick, but I'm opting not to.

You wouldn't know it from the fact that I manage to keep blogging, but I have the worlds WORST case of writers block.

I can blog, because it's not really creative. I blog about life and the world around me. Yes, there is some creativity involved, when selecting a photo to go with it (if I include one) and in the actual words that I use to convey my thoughts... but it's not coming from a source of creativity.

Here's the thing.

I have 1 graphic novel, 3 novels, multiple poems and short stories in my head. I've got fully developed characters, and characters that will develop with the story. I've got plots, dialogue, I've got EVERYTHING I need to move forward save for ONE thing.

The ability to put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard as the case may be.

When I'm in my head, I see them.
When I talk about them, I can talk about them.
Hell, I could tell you all about them right here.

I just CAN'T WRITE ANY OF IT.

I thought with finding strength, with finding a happy, with feeling the sun on my face for the first time in YEARS.... that I might be able to do it.

So, it's time for drastic measures... I just don't know what they are.

I will write again. This I assure you.

1 comment:

Jacob Van De Graaff said...

Much of your experience in life is beyond me, I freely admit that. But this, this is so familiar as to be downright eerie. There is so much information about so many worlds, so much story and so much time passing through each and every single universe that my mind interacts with, and yet there is at the same time so very little I am capable of doing that will actually make it easy (or even doable, sometimes) to share it with the world.

Sadly, I have little advice to offer, since I am most definitely still embroiled in that same internal conflict... but I can offer you my wishes that you will find a way through and show the world exactly what you have inside you, just waiting to be shared.