Monday, April 19, 2010

In Which Shana Celebrates Record Store Day!


So, this Saturday was Record Store Day.

The hubs and I both got a CD each, and it was a VERY difficult choice for me to make.

There are SO MANY albums I need to own. I was VERY close to getting the new Muse Album, but I wound up putting it down. I then considered the Andrew Lloyd Webber Greatest hits, but that one got put down too. There were a few others that I picked up and put down while making my choice. WolfMother, Pheonix, Nightwish, just to name a few. But I wound up settling on Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Its Blitz!

My first impressions are kind of mixed.

I really liked the first 3 or 4 songs on the disc upon my first listen, but the rest were kind of hit and miss. I actually took the CD out before it was finished. Granted, I've often learned that listening to music in the car, while convenient, is not the best as far as acoustics.

So I ripped it, put it on my mp3 player and gave it a REAL listen using headphones.

And that second listen through, blew me away. Lyrically, it's typical Yeah Yeah Yeahs fare, and those who are fans will know what I mean, but musically, while it's rather simplistic, it's still engaging and a fun listen... but it loses a lot unless you've got headphones or a great sound system.

Anyhow, it's not high on my list of recommended albums, but I've got to say that my #1 song on the album is the second song. Heads will roll. It always makes me think of the red queen.

2 comments:

GPS cell phone said...

very cool, i love this blog!
china prom dress

Discounted Cosmetics said...

It is a nice post to see here.The hubs and I both got a CD each, and it was a VERY difficult choice for me to make. Thanks for the site share with us.