Friday, February 19, 2010

In which Shana takes a long hard look at her soapbox

When I started this blog, it was in the spirit of truth, honesty and life. It was my little soapbox where I could rant and rave or just talk from.

And it still is, and is going to continue to be.

I'm just all out of steam right now.

Between the agoraphobia (slight though it may be) and the depression (which has been both better and worse) I just don't have anything.

this COULD be seen as both good and bad. Bad because words are my life, and without them, I am driven deeper into my shell than I'm reasonably comfortable with. Good because at least I'm not whining or crying.

Perhaps this bloggish drought is related to the increase of creative fiction rattling around in my head.

If only I had the bravery to put pen to paper and start writing them down. I know I should, but I'm afraid. Anyhow, I don't have much more to say here, so I'll leave you with a few words from the wonderful AFP

it’s so easy to be afraid. to do nothing. to not make your art, to not follow your calling, your passion, your impulses, to not take any risks for fear of people cutting you down and misunderstanding you.
most people are CONTROLLED by fear, because they’re convinced they’ll do the wrong thing, say the wrong thing, write the wrong thing, sing the wrong thing.



Yes, AFP. Yes I am.

No comments: