Thursday, February 18, 2010

In which Shana ponders censorship

I have been blogging most of my adult life, and by most, I mean all of it.

Most of it I've abandoned when it gets too dire, or just doesn't suit my life anymore.

I feel like I can be me on the internet, but that's not the main point I want to make in this post.

When I started this blog, I decided to keep names out of it. Sure, it says Shana Marie on the side and the bottom, but I have not included the names of real life family and friends. I use 'code' names and alias' for the people I mention here. Granted, it wouldn't take anyone much time or effort to figure out who I'm referring to when I use these 'code names' if they knew any of the people in real life, or if they heard me talk about them.

Some of these people both read this, and know who they are. LLV (lovely lady V) knows who she is (at least I'd guess she does), MAP (Mrs. AwesomePants) knows who she is. I'm pretty sure CXBFF (catty ex bff) knows who she is, or her housemate does.

There are a few others who I know read it that I may or may not have referred to here before. But I know they read it is the bottom line. I know this because they've commented, or we've discussed it or I've seen them come up in the Feedjit (although that only leads to guess).

And often times I've found myself wondering if something I was thinking about writing would be appropriate. I mean, the last thing I want to do with this blog is offend anyone. (although I'm sure I have/will)

I have said some not very nice things about people. Mostly when it comes to the life story stuff, or people who've hurt me in the past, but I'm not always Missus Nice Lady. And I do have a habit of being a catty bitch myself.

I'm going off topic, at least sort of.

The point is, I don't say anything here that I wouldn't say to the person IRL, or if we were to ever communicate.

So when I say that an Uncle looks like Freddy Kruger, I most definitely would tell him that to his face. Or when I refer to my former friend as catty, bitchy, nasty or mean, I would again, say that straight up to her face.

ugh... In all my meandering thoughts here, I don't even know what I was going to say here.

/done

No comments: