Wednesday, January 20, 2010

In which Shana's dreams are pretty awesome

I often wonder how other people dream.

I've heard that most people dream in black and white, whereas I dream in colour.

Okay, that's not entirely true. I do sometimes dream in black and white, but that's normally part of the theme of the movie that I'm watching. Yes, I did say movie, because that is how my dreams feel to me.

I used to actively lucid dream on a regular basis. This was during an era when I was having a lot of nightmares, and needed the added control to keep things from getting out of hand. Anyhow, long story short, I don't lucid dream anymore.

I dream in movies, which are far more imaginative and inventive than any of my lucid dreams ever were. In short, they're more fun.

My dreams have clear plot lines, character development, story lines. I could write a novel for every dream I have, and even though I only remember half of them, I'd still have a lot of source material to work with.

Anyhow, how do you dream?

2 comments:

eva said...

I always dream in colour.. and touch and smell and taste and all sorts. I lucid dream nearly every other day now, it's crazy.
I need to make more plans for what I want to do while being lucid to avoid wasting precious lucid time trying to decide on what to do! I like to talk to the dream characters, they say a lot of weird stuff.

Shana-Marie said...

lol, I'll have to try that sometime. My dreams generally start with me as a character, interacting as I would... and then I sort of step out and just watch. There's SO much stuff going on that it's just fun to watch!

I've just heard that most people dream in black and white... I thought that was odd, because I've NEVER really dreamed in black and white