Wednesday, November 25, 2009

In which Shana is geeky, bitchy and late.

I didn't blog yesterday.

And I am 100% okay with this.

Okay, so it's more like 92.3% okay with this, but I am okay with it. It's just a little late is all.

Anyhow, The Frag Dolls are a group of female gamers that recently came onto my radar. I thought to myself, wow, I'm a girl gamer, this is TOTALLY up my alley. So I started looking into it, and I went from excited thinking that it was a wicked cool idea, to a little miffed about the whole thing.

The thing about the Frag Dolls I don't like is that they're ALL hot. And while I figure that they probably do game, I just think it's an inaccurate representation of girl gamers. I'd say that 75-85% of girl gamers aren't skinny pretty things like the Frag Dolls are.



Granted, I get why they're all hot.

Hot girls will sell more games than the average equivalent. And as they are sponsored and set up by Ubisoft it makes good business sense to have pretty girls at the helm.

But, I'm still allowed to get frustrated by the fact that I'll bet that I could frag any of them with one hand tied behind my back... but still would never get a slot as a Frag Doll.

From now on, I will call them the spice girls of gaming!

3 comments:

Vicky M said...

I used to be LJ friends with Jam (from Frag Dolls UK) and I thought she was pretty cool. Still, I thought I heard something about how part of the application process included sending in model shots of yourself. In that respect, it kinda makes me feel like they're booth babes who own consoles...

Maddie said...

not all of them are hot shana! the red head in the middle is close to my weight. that make her(and me) FAT and off the hot radar! idk what she`s doing in the pic

eva said...

I can't believe the fact that even in GAMING, where people can hide behind the screen and it's all about being good at the game and not about who you are, women are STILL judged by their looks?? *ARGHHH!!*

Maddie: you're skinny if you're the same size as the red head in the middle. Skinny isn't the same as hot and on (or off) the hot-radar, though. I have a lot of male friends who find skinny girls.. too skinny, just as not all men like girls with big tits (luckily for me!).I have found that I feel a lot better about myself and my body after I stopped watching tv and reading "silly" magazines. Reality isn't as uniform as they portray it:)

I'm not liking gaming spice girls at all! I'm sure they're nice people, but I can see why they're sponsored and I'm not liking it.