Monday, October 26, 2009

This weeks geek

New title scheme, I know. Thanks for noticing.

Anyhow, this week in my geeky world, has been Fallout 3.

I have been dying to get my hands on this game since watching my hubby and his then friend play and/or beat Fallout 2. I myself, was not able to get through the game myself, and Fallout 1 was a little before my time.

When the hubs and I met, the ground work for pc gaming geekery was there, however it took some time to cultivate it. I did not enjoy Fallout 2, simply because of the hovering.

Anyhow, the hubs and I now have our own gaming rigs, and as such, play our own games, our way. No more hovering.

So, even though I have a game ban that forbids me to buy any new games that cost more than $15, I still picked up the Game of the Year edition of Fallout 3. Simply put, I was going to spend money on the expansions for the hubs, and this edition came with them prepackaged, and we were able to share them. So it's a cheat, but only a little one.

I have to say, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I hated Oblivion, and haven't tried playing THAT game for the last 6 months or so.

The bottom line, Fallout 3 rocks.

No comments: