Friday, October 16, 2009

the teenage years, part 9

So, we back track a bit, but it's still teenage territory. I figure it's my story and if I want to tell it a little disjointed like, I will.

When I was 14 I feel head over heels in love.

My boyfriend at the time was an ACTOR (there are reasons for the caps) and he was very much into drama. In fact, most of his friends were. It seemed to me that the way to break into the group (being as painfully shy as I was) was to get into drama myself.

The opportunity came up that I could participate with a local community theatre group with my BF and his friends, and I seized it. I had a very stupid role that was basically crap, but I flicked a couple light switches off based on hand signals from across the hall. But whatev's, it was a way for me to connect with the group.

And connect we did. Even though I went to a different school, I was embraced, and even became a part of the next show that their school put on. I skipped classes at my school, and spent a lot of time there. It was great fun. I found that I loved being a techie girl, and lighting and sound was totally up my alley.

I still didn't really get involved at my school for a while after that, but there were teacher strikes and the like, so it was kind of a dead year. I kept on with the local theatre group, and was almost adopted by a new family.

It was great. I really felt like I was a member of the group. I felt included, and not at all like an outsider for the first time of my life. And I had to credit both my boyfriend at the time and another fella for it.

Needless to say, I'd have to say that this was pretty much the best time of my life.

More on my life in theatre, as well as the boys around me later.

No comments: