Thursday, October 15, 2009

In which Shana throws thursday out the window

Going shopping tomorrow with my mother in law.

This will be terribly interesting, as it often is. This isn't to say bad, but interesting all the same.

She's come a long way, and I've learned what subjects to stay away from... although the last few times religion came up, she didn't try to tie me to a stake, so I think we're almost good as far as that goes. AND, for the most part, she accepts my personal style. There are times that she's not hip to what I like to wear, but she'll still go into stores with me now. Last year, I got her into a goth/alt style store at an outlet mall in Buffalo. It was great, she was totally picking stuff out for me!

The real reason that I think things will be... 'interesting' is because things aren't going so well between her and the planet (aka the hubby's step father). And, because I need to stay away from talking about text messages.

Last Saturday, the hubby used my phone to text his mom trying to confirm what time we were meeting, and she never got back to us. Then on Sunday, I got the strangest message from her saying something like 'Thanks so much honey, I love you the way you are'.

I'm fairly certain that wasn't in reply to our last message 'so 415?', but I don't know what it was about, and who it was intended for. I'm afraid to bring it up. I figure it's innocent, and if the hubby doesn't want to bring it up, I won't. I just worry.

Anyhow, I'm thinking about talking her into going to Buffalo again, but this time going to the Galleria Mall, because I think there's a HotTopic there!

2 comments:

eva said...

Will your man freak out if you ask him about the text? I would have asked. The text message sounds positive anyway, so if he gets touchy you can just pretend to be stupid and not getting why he's in a fuss :P
It's weird that hard core christians can think they're being sooo nice yet they're offensive to others who doesn't share their believes/thoughts on doing things..

Shana-Marie said...

I read the text to the hubby, and he was confused, but immediately changed the subject. I figure leaving it alone is prolly the best course of action!
It's the ones who follow more of the doctrine rather than faith. That's what my MIL used to be, all about the 'good book' and what the pastor would say. She's not like that anymore, thus we get along now!