Monday, October 12, 2009

In which Shana tests the system and geeks out a bit

Well today is a holiday, both here in Canada, and in the US, so normally I'd be taking the day off from blogging.

This is not a normal week though. I'd like to try out this whole new system of blogging with specific subjects in mind. Granted, I'm kind of cheating with this post, because it's less about geekery and more about customer service, but since it was a highly geeky company, I think I can still make it fit.

I've gone through a number of phases fashionwise, and while I will get into the specifics of it tomorrow, the short story is I am now very much into geeky tshirts. Most notably the shirts I can get from the wonderful folks at J!nx.


I got turned on to them by a dear friend of mine, who is an oldschool geek girl as I am. She's got incredible stylesense and taste, so when she recommended them, I totally had to to take notice.

They have an awesome system at J!nx that makes the site very much like a RPG complete with experience and gold. I'm an 'Adventurer' at level 16, and am contemplating doing a few things that may get me a little more gold and/or xp, but I'm stil undecided.

Anyhow, back to the customer service part of all this.

I should preface this to say that I have fairly high standards when it comes to how a company treats me, but at the end of the day so long as I'm treated with respect, and it's efficient customer service, I'm a happy camper.

So, a couple weeks ago they had a sale. One of the things that was on sale was a hoodie that I had my eye on for some time. It was black, and had a steamy skeleton on it. Definitely right up my alley! I got my order in just under a week from it being shipped out and was extremely happy with this, until I looked a little closer at my new hoodie.

The first thing I noticed was that it was blue. The second was that it had a dragon on it. I checked up on the help portion of the website and it said that if I had a problem with my order to give them a call, and they'd send me the correct item, and a return envelope.

So I called them up. And got an answering machine.

I hate calling companies and getting their answering machine. In my experience, answering machines often mean that no one wants to deal with you, and you're going to get lost in the shuffle of the 24-72 hour window.

So I tweeted about it. And @jinx responded saying they would indeed call me back.

And they did no more than a few hours later. And my new sweater got put in the mail. The only thing in the whole situation that I find even remotely upsetting is the fact that I can't send the other sweater back. It doesn't seem fair that I get to keep the merch, but I guess they can't send a return envelope across the border.

Anyhow, J!nx totally gets my stamp of approval on both their customer service and their geekishness!

2 comments:

Maddie said...

i know sometimes u feel like ur drivibg blog cuz ur going stale....i love geeky shirts too!

Shana-Marie said...

I do worry about going stale... I've had this blog for 2 years or so... and I just don't want to keep repeating myself! Geeky shirts are lovely, and so many of them are black!