Monday, October 19, 2009

In which shana geeks out

I game.

A lot.

Well, not as much as I used to, but still, more than the average mortal does. Today I'm going to talk about pencil and paper role playing games.

I have to say that this is the height of geeky, although it's a step or two below LARPing (live action role playing). There's just something about the sound of dice, and the scratch of a pencil as the GM hurriedly tries to rejig the plan when our characters decide to follow the wrong lead and wind up rampaging through town.

Games I have played are Heroes Unlimited, Rifts, Chill, Starwars RPG (although I do not count it), D&D (various editions), Warcraft RPG, and Werewolf:The Apocalypse.

There was a time where I gamed once or twice a week every week. It was the only social interaction I had. Sadly though, those days are gone and I've yet to find a new group to game with. Until then, I've got online games and many many computer games to finish.

No comments: