Monday, September 28, 2009

In which shana just wants to bang on her drums all day

So, Saturday we went out to the grape and wine festival, and the parade was less suck than last year, but still more suck than I'm used to. The craft show after that, was PURE suck (there were a total of 4 craft tables), and the festival in the park, wasn't that great either.

I love the idea, but get this. If you want a glass of wine, you're going to pay 6 bucks for it. But you have to buy a glass for 3 bucks first.

I suppose if you're going to be there for a good chunk of time, it's worth it... but I'm a)cheap and b) was only going to have one glass, maybe. So we left.

We got the hubby some hair dye, and met his family for lunch. Forgot how much I love french onion soup. I really should eat that more often.

Then we just killed time. My brother was having wave two of his house warming, but it wasn't until 10pm... And well, if we went home, we weren't likely to go back out.

So we shopped, got coffee, and went to a friend's house to play rock band for a bit. I have to tell you, I was totally prepared to hate it, but I ended up having a lot of fun. I have to tell you, playing the drums, really works up a sweat!

Then, the hubby was tired, and I had a raging headache (air pressure) so we went home. I again bailed on my brother, but I figure that watching people get drunk or high is just not my idea of a good time anyway, so I didn't miss much.

The highlight of the day? I only asked the hubby if I looked stupid once... and even then I caught myself and told him not to answer, and forget I ever asked. AND I managed to keep my tinted lipgloss on.

Go me!

No comments: