Thursday, July 30, 2009

In which Shana has problems with electronics

I have a magnetic personality.

This doesn't mean that I attract people to me, though the few people I know say I did... but still.. I mean, I am a magnet. I destroy electronics.

There used to be a time where I'd pass through those scanners at a store, and they'd go off. no matter what was in my pocket, or if I had no metal on me at all. They'd just go off.

Watches never last on me. They'll stop keeping time properly, and their batteries will die quickly. Also, I've had a few run backwards on me. Very awkward.

I used to be able to crash the school servers, simply by walking into the same room as them. Didn't touch a thing. Just walked in. They tried keeping me away from it, but if I had to be in the same room, they were often screwed. I spent much of my grade 9 keyboarding class in the teacher's office where I would do less harm.

And then there's the digital cameras. I put a memory card in my camera, it can't use it saying it's got too many bad sectors. My mom puts it in her camera, and it works like a dream. Oh, and my HP, used to blue screen. Did you even know that a digital camera could blue screen? I didn't, until I did it, on a regular basis.

My mp3 player (creative vision M) locks up, and has to rebuild it's memory every few weeks.

And cell phones. About a year and a half ago, my step father gave me his old phone (as mine had met an untimely death at the hands of the hubby) and it worked fine for him. I had it for less than a month before the battery started to flake out and stopped charging properly. Eventually the phone just didn't charge anymore, I borrowed the hubby's phone. A month later, the keys stopped working. The bubble button still pushed, but just didn't react with the circuit board underneath.

And my latest cell. It's just a cheapie little Nokia phone. It's basic, doesn't have many frills, but gets the job done. Know what happens to it that doesn't happen to anyone else?

It crashes.

The screen goes white, it stops responding, and it dumps it's memory of anything I've changed since the last time I powered it on. And it's battery doesn't last very long anymore either. I've had it since Sept 2008.

And now, perhaps you'll understand my hubby's reservation about getting me an Iphone.

I think that electronic companies need to have me as a product tester. I'm sure there are other people out there like me.

4 comments:

Maddie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maddie said...

ur like stephanie plum (a series by janet evanovich) but she destroys car. see thats worse! plus u goy plenty of personality to cope with bonker gadgets

Shana-Marie said...

I'll have to check that series out!

I'm glad that I don't destroy steel! Electronics are about all I could handle!

eva said...

You are a case for Mulder and Scully!! This is so interesting, I'm googeling it right now! Apparently there's more electric people out there. Hum. It would be fun if it was possible to use your super-power for something!