Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And now for step 3

Step three of my plan to dancing again is simple, but the hardest one.

Stop saying no, and stop making excuses.

For example. Friday night, my new and totally awesome friend, invited us out for dinner and the drive in.

Gut reaction was to say no, and come up with some kind of excuse to back it up. Then stay home and beat myself up about it. Instead, I said yes and made it happen. We went out, and it was fun.

I need to keep that up. I need to stop saying no unless I have a legitimate reason to say no.

So lets rewind back to yesterday's entry. I am going to do everything possible to go to my friends' pre birthday festivities. Even though I won't know more than one or two people there. I can't promise I'll be able to do it, but I am going to try. And not fake ass try where I blame it on having no childcare when I didn't even look into it.

Though, this being said, I'm fairly confident that I've sort of alienated people into not asking me to do anything, that whole saying no for the last few years thing... we'll see what I can do though. Heck, one day I might even try to be confident enough to ask other people to do things.

Baby steps though. Baby steps.

2 comments:

Sari said...

I am so with you on this. I *hate* social situations. I often find some reason I'm too "busy." I don't have a "best" female friend (Simon is all I need, really) and I do most of my socializing online as well. It was a stretch to come up with two more bridesmaids, and they're girls I was closer to when I was 12 and we keep in touch mainly online now. I just feel it's where my life kinda led.

Shana-Marie said...

I had a best friend once. Didn't work out so well.

Online is great, I feel more free to be me. It's like, it's okay for me to say something dumb on twitter, because SOMEONE out there is going to get it!

I'm facing the same dilema for 'bridesmaids' for the possible renewal. But I've got another 2 years or so to come up with something!