Monday, June 1, 2009

what to blog about?

Normally the blog ideas are just running out of my finger tips.

Lately... I just can't figure out what to write about.

I just keep thinking... but in the end I've got nothing.

I'm sure there's more than a few people who'll blame this current lack of creativity on WoW, because that seems to be something of a catchall these days. Any computer game really.

Just today I was bombarded by images of people with meth sores... and someone had attributed it to WoW. I say bombarded, but I went there knowing full well what I was in for.

I don't know. Everyone seems to want to hate this game, thinking that everyone winds up addicted and can't function in normal society.

Here's the thing, I couldn'' function in normal society before WoW and I still attempt to not function in society now.

I don't know where I"m going with this, probably no where, because I've got nothing.

2 comments:

eva said...

It's sort of like the chicken and the egg thing..

I think it's lame to blame meth on Wow. People who take too much drugs will have addictive personalities. They will get addicted to anything more easily than other people. Like shopping, sex, food, drink, drugs, sugar, smoking - WoW!

It's not surprising people on meth will play WoW. I have an addictive personality, I remember when I tried to stop playing the sims.. I deleted the sims and went out non stop for weeks on end fueled on toxins. I just needed an escape from real life, it didn't matter what shape that escape came in.

I do see why people are scared of Wow - I don't think it's healthy with succumbing too much to any addiction.. but it's better than meth, eating fast food non stop, smoking.. hm. I think the trick is to channel the addiction to something positive. And don't forget about real life ;) Oh by the way, I love the Level Zen T-shirt !!

Shana-Marie said...

I just think that the north american ideal is to take things to excess. I don't get it myself. I haven't played WoW since Friday when my PC died and I'm not going through withdrawl or anything.

When I think about it, I tend to come back to the one friend who was going to 'disown' me for playing. It wasn't because they really thought I was going to devote all my time to it... but because it was something that didn't involve them. They were feeling left out.

Thats it right there... the people who are all anti wow just don't get it or gaming in general.

I love the Sims... I want to get a Sims game for my DS, so I can bring it with me!

I like the level zen shirt too. Zen is good :-)