Wednesday, June 17, 2009

In which Shana shows off her kitties... sort of

I'm going to try and show off the kitties now.

It's been difficult, since Tigs has moved them from their box to underneath my dresser.

So, here's the story. After she birthed the babies, we moved them into a box, so she could keep them contained... and so I could move around. I love that cat and her kittens, but I was really getting tired of her not letting me move, so into the box they went.

This ended up causing no less trouble. I guess she'd decided that since I was so... involved... with their birth that I was going to take care of them too. Any time I left her side, she'd leave the kittens, follow me and meow until I came back.

Eventually, I decided I had enough of that, so I put the box of kittens under the table, and ignored her until bed time.

It worked, since she left me alone and spent the rest of her time with her babies.

I should note, that while four kittens were born, only 3 made it. That's not bad, when you consider that last time she gave birth to 3 kittens and none made it. The three that are left are all doing well.

Anyhow, when I went to bed, she brought all the kittens up stairs to the dresser, where they've been for the last week or so. Tig's a good mom, so we don't hear too much from the kitties.

But needless to say, it's not easy getting pictures of kittens with a protective mama while they're under a dresser.

1 comment:

eva said...

Awwww!!! Kittens!!! I demand more kitten pictures!!! It's funny that your cat chose you as an extra mum, often they like to be on their own to have babies.