Monday, June 15, 2009

In which Shana Dresses dresses up with no place to go

I don't get out much.

And by much, I pretty well mean at all.

But that's another story.

Anyhow, I have a habit of putting on pretty dresses and skirts, just to sit around at home in them. When it comes time to go out, I'll generally just put on jeans and a tshirt or something equally generic (and dated).

I really don't understand myself sometimes though. I really REALLY like to dress pretty... but I just can't do it publicly, and I just don't understand why.

It just makes no sense. Why buy that super cute black and red lacy top, if you're not going to wear it out? Why have dresses in the closet, if no one gets to see you in them. Why dress up when you have no place to go... and then if you do have some place to go... spend 20 minutes agonizing about what you're going to change into?

At the end of the day I think I need 2 things.

The first, more confidence. I need to feel more comfortable in my own skin and as such, feel more comfortable in what I put on my skin. I need to care less about the world and care more about what makes me smile.

The second, more tshirts, so I have more options and hopefully spend less time freaking out about not having anything to wear.

No comments: