Saturday, June 20, 2009

In which Shana comments on women and cattiness

And don't get me wrong, I TOTALLY see the irony in this posting, as it may come off as catty, or at the very least be taken as catty....

Meow....

Anyhow, here goes.

What is it with women, and some men, but in my experience mostly women, with being two faced and catty? I really don't get it.

The desire to talk about people behind peoples backs, is just... stupid. Granted there have been times that I have been guilty of it, even on this blog, but what I say here... well, it's out there. If someone was to confront me about it, I'd not deny what I wrote, or whom I was writing it about. It just so happens that as I don't talk to many people, that this is one of the few ways I connect with people these days, thus I don't really consider it talking about people BEHIND their backs, lol.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to strike out in catty ways or be so damned two faced. I've known people who go on at length about how much they dislike someone, and then when they're around, they're as sweet as pie.

There is something to be said for keeping the peace, but at the same time... there's taking it too far. For example... in this one situation, I had one person tell me point blank that they hated someone. A few days later, that person asked them "do you hate me?" The answer... "oh no, I don't hate you. Where would you get an idea like that?"

I just didn't get it. They were never able to set their differences aside, because they were never upfront about them.

And I don't understand it. WHY be catty. Why talk about people behind their back? If you don't like someone, how about just not talking to or about them? Why let them continue to be a part of your life?

I've got this one friend who is living through a situation that's startlingly familiar to something I went through a few years ago. I'm going to call this friend 5, because I quite like that number.

Anyhow, 5's friend isn't being very nice right now. They're being catty and hurtful, and 5 just doesn't understand WHY. And I don't know what to say. I don't know why the friend is acting like this... but I do know it's not fair.

And I also know, that this is why I have such a hard time with people. I just don't trust them. But then when you've had your trust broken as many times by as many people as I have... well... you'd understand.

But I also accept my failing to get over it as my own failing. It's not my mom, my husband, my stepfather or even my 'best' friend's fault for this.... it's my fault.

However, this is starting to get into territory I didn't want to stray into

No comments: