Friday, June 12, 2009

In which I am interviewed, and a little confused about it.

I mean... they already chose to NOT hire me... why are they calling me now?

Let me tell you the story, because, well, that's what I do. I'm a story teller.

It goes back to about a year ago when I submitted my resume to a local clothing store. At that time, they were hiring for an assistant manager, to assist the current interim manager while the actual manager was on maternity leave. I'm sure that doesn't make much sense, but the long and short of it was, I got interviewed by a woman who is no longer at that store.

Flash forward to a couple of days ago. I get a phone call from that store, from the manager, telling me that they are yet again hiring for an Asst. Manager, and that she would like me to come in for a resume. Me being a little shell shocked... well, I agree.

She's thinking that I dropped my resume off last March, just before the interim manager left her post.

So, I have an interview next week, which is awesome. I'm just a little confused that they still have my resume after a year... and I'm not entirely sure how to handle it.

I mean, do I tell this manager that I interviewed with the other manager and she passed me over? I'm... kind of at a loss here.

But, I am going to make the best of it either way.

No comments: