Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You put the lime in the coconut....

Let me tell you about my mothers day.

The hubby and the child thing let me sleep in. I awoke to the smells of bacon and other tastyness, but I had been forbidden to leave the sanctity of the bedroom, so I promptly went back to sleep.

Then the man and child came in bearing a caramel macchiato, made exactly as I like them, and a very happy plate. It was tasty. I finished most of it, but as I'm a fan of having my eggs cooked, the smiley happy eyes that were done sunny side up... did not get eaten. There was also a monstrous bowl of strawberries and kiwi.

it was DELISH.

Then I took a leisurely time getting ready to go see my mom. And the plan was to go out for lunch. We get into the car and set off, only to be thwarted by the fact that NOTHING downtown is open until 5. I didn't dwell too much on the fact that we've done this before...

Anyhow, we ended up going out for Chinese buffet. It was rather tasty.

As we were having dessert, the hubby made a comment about limes. I didn't hear the whole conversation, but I said something to the effect of "and why are we talking about dumping bodies?"

He thought I was talking about LYE, but both my mother and I tell him that we are in fact talking about powdered lime. He gives us a funny look and goes on eating his jello.

It takes me a second before I realize the source of his strange look. So I burst out with "I didn't mean the citrus, I meant stone... lime stone"

Suddenly I saw the OH face... the one where realization suddenly dawns on him. He relates to us that he was picturing someone zesting a lime into a shallow grave.

I couldn't stop laughing. I was literally crying in the restaurant. Just picture it, two mobsters going to hit some dude.... with a bag of limes. Or a lime cartel.

You know, it was funnier if you were there. Seriously.

No comments: